You're currently on:
C4 Corvette Parts
About the C4
The C4 Corvette was introduced in March 1984 and ran through 1996. With a larger interior, fully digital instrumentation, and sleek modern look the C4 Corvette was the most dramatically different Corvette since the 1963 Sting Ray. The T-top roof of the previous model were replaced by a full Targa roof and the hatchback opening became a part of all C4 Corvettes.
Everything mechanical about the C4 Corvette was significantly better. The suspension system used composite transverse leaf springs, the steering was by rack-and-pinion for the first time, the brakes were oversized discs, and the frame featured a large aluminum C-section beam that made for a stiffer structure. Initially all C4 Corvettes came with an automatic transmission, the same four speed that was first introduced in 1982. In a later run of the C4 a Borg-Warner t-10 four speed manual transmission was available. The manual transmission of the C4 Corvette featured an overdrive unit between the transmission and the driveshaft and would engage in gears 2, 3 and 4.
In late 1986 a C4 convertible was introduced, the first Corvette Convertible seen for 10 years. Although the open air driving of the C4 convertible was welcomed by Corvette enthusiasts it carried a $5000 premium over the coupe. This model had the honor of being the pace car for the Indianapolis 500 and decals commemorating the event were shipped with each C4.
During the C4 years, improvements in engine performance retuned Covettes to the heart pounding speed and acceleration of the late 60’s big blocks. The 1990 Corvette ZR-1 coupe (the ZR-1 was never available as a convertible). Nicknamed "King of the Hill," the ZR-1 was built around the Lotus-designed, Mercury Marine-built, all-aluminum, 5.7-liter, DOHC, 32-valve LT5 V8 making an astounding 375 horsepower.
The C4 Corvette saw 2 anniversary editions, the first in 1988. The 35th Anniversary Edition, a white themed Corvette including white wheels, door handles and side strip. And then in 1993 a special 40th Anniversary Edition, featuring Ruby Red paint and Ruby Red leather seats.
A special run 0f 1000 Grand Sport Corvettes, 810 coupes and 190 convertibles painted Admiral Blue with a distinctive white strip were produced in 1996 to mark the end of the C4 Corvette.
Upgrading, modifying or restoring your C4 Corvette? Our extensive line of products for the C4 along with our friendly and knowledgeable staff makes Eckler’s the obvious source for anything for your C4 Corvette. Whether you are looking for C4 Corvette parts or C4 Corvette accessories, Eckler’s has just the item you need.
Select your year and model to view C4 Parts:
- 1984 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1985 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1986 CORVETTE STANDARD CONVERTIBLE
- 1986 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1986 CORVETTE PACE CAR CONVERTIBLE
- 1987 CORVETTE B2K CALLAWAY TWIN TURBO COUPE
- 1987 CORVETTE B2K CALLAWAY TWIN TURBO CONVERTIBLE
- 1987 CORVETTE STANDARD CONVERTIBLE
- 1987 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1988 CORVETTE STANDARD CONVERTIBLE
- 1988 CORVETTE 35TH ANNIVERSARY COUPE
- 1988 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1989 CORVETTE STANDARD CONVERTIBLE
- 1989 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1990 CORVETTE ZR1 COUPE
- 1990 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1990 CORVETTE STANDARD CONVERTIBLE
- 1991 CORVETTE ZR1 COUPE
- 1991 CORVETTE STANDARD CONVERTIBLE
- 1991 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1992 CORVETTE ZR1 COUPE
- 1992 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1992 CORVETTE STANDARD CONVERTIBLE
- 1993 CORVETTE 40TH ANNIVERSARY COUPE
- 1993 CORVETTE 40TH ANNIVERSARY CONVERTIBLE
- 1993 CORVETTE STANDARD CONVERTIBLE
- 1993 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1993 CORVETTE ZR1 COUPE
- 1994 CORVETTE ZR1 COUPE
- 1994 CORVETTE STANDARD CONVERTIBLE
- 1994 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1995 CORVETTE ZR1 COUPE
- 1995 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1995 CORVETTE STANDARD CONVERTIBLE
- 1995 CORVETTE PACE CAR CONVERTIBLE
- 1996 CORVETTE STANDARD COUPE
- 1996 CORVETTE COLLECTORS EDITION CONVERTIBLE
- 1996 CORVETTE GS COUPE
- 1996 CORVETTE STANDARD CONVERTIBLE
- 1996 CORVETTE GS CONVERTIBLE
- 1996 CORVETTE COLLECTORS EDITION COUPE